Necessity is the Mother of Invention!

For years, I wanted to make larger clay monoprints, but was limited by the fabric I used to pull the print. It was great for grabbing that top layer of clay, but limited in size (36” wide). I tried several different mediums, including canvas, but ran into problems that always sent me back to the reliable fabric. 
Recently, when my supplier said it would be out of stock for months, I investigated other options. One of which was cotton canvas used for paintings. After discovering how to prepare and seal the canvas,  I was able to pull a vivid print; and, I am no longer limited by the size of the old fabric (36”), so can work on a much larger scale!
This new “problem” forced me to spend more time in R&D and opened up HUGE possibilities. 
Back to the studio!

Older Post Newer Post